Terms of Services
About this Copyrights notice
- Kata Kata African Cartoons is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on the katakata.org website (hereinafter the “Website”).
- This Copyrights notice rules all intellectual rights and copyrights pertaining to the current software and design of the Website, and the contents (cartoons, illustrations, text, pictures, videos and other material) and email contents originating from it (hereinafter the “Contents”) that were submitted after the date of approval of this notice by the management stated above.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons publishes Contents that are written by Kata Kata African Cartoons management. Equally, Kata Kata African Cartoons may publish contents submitted by subscriber or Members in their name as authors for publication on the Website (hereinafter the “Authored Contents”). Authored Contents include but are not limited to Published Articles, videos, Manuscripts, Review Reports, Manuscript Invitations, Blogs, Ideas, Events and Comments.
- Authored Contents exclude Contents that are published on behalf of Kata Kata African Cartoons, such as Press Releases, Jobs and all contents that carry out an informative or descriptive purpose (hereinafter the “Non-Authored Contents”).
- All Authored Contents that appear in the Public Area of the Website, namely the area accessible to all users, including but not limited to Articles and their Comments, Blogs and their Comments, and Events, are “Public Authored Contents”.
- All Authored Contents that do not appear in the Public Area but appear in the Members Area of the Website, namely the area accessible to Members only, are “Non-Public Authored Contents”.
Copyrights on Public Authored Contents
- The copyright on all Authored Content is retained by the author(s). This is valid in particular for Public Authored Contents.
- Authors may transfer their copyright to their institution/company by adding a copyright statement at the end of their Authored Content as described below.
- Authors of Public Authored Contents grant Kata Kata African Cartoons an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to publish the Public Authored Content electronically and in print format and to identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors of Public Authored Contents grant Kata Kata African Cartoons the commercial rights to produce electronic and/or printed collections of the Public Authored Content for sale to individuals, libraries, institutions and companies.
- Authors of Public Authored Contents grant Kata Kata African Cartoons the rights to freely advertise the Public Authored Content and to use parts of it for its own advertisements on any appropriate media.
- Authors of Public Authored Contents grant Kata Kata African Cartoons the rights to translate or organize the translation of the Public Authored Content in any language and to publish it as a translation of their Public Authored Content.
- Public Authored Content is distributed by Kata Kata African Cartoons and it can be copied, transformed and redistributed by anyone under a set of conditions, in particular that the original author(s) are given proper credit.
- Public Authored Content shall not be submitted for peer-reviewed publication elsewhere.
Copyrights on Non-Public Authored Contents
- The copyright on all Authored Content is retained by the author(s). This is valid in particular for Non-Public Authored Contents.
- Authors of Non-Public Authored Contents grant the right to Kata Kata African Cartoons to publish the Non-Public Authored Content in the Members Area of the Website, to notify its Members by email about it, and to keep it in its archive.
- Authors of a Manuscript grant the right to Kata Kata African Cartoons to eventually publish it as an Article in the Public Area of the Website, as Public Authored Content, if and after it has successfully completed the Peer Review Process.
- All copyrights on Non-Public Authored Contents are reserved. Non-Public Authored Contents shall not be copied, shared, adapted, transformed or redistributed by any Member or any third party without the express written agreement of the author(s).
- Authors submitting a Content to Kata Kata African Cartoons certify that they are the original authors of the Content.
- Authors certify that the text of the Content is original and has not been published elsewhere (except as part of published lectures or theses).
- Authors certify that the rights to reproduce any material included in the Content that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere have been secured.
- Authors certify that they accept and shall comply with this Copyrights notice.
Transfer of author’s copyrights
- For authors of Authored Contents who have strict regulations in their contract of employment regarding their works, a transfer of copyrights can be made to their institution/company by including a special “Copyright Statement” at the end of the text. In this case, the authors are requested to include the following sentence at the end of the Manuscript upon submission or revision: “The copyright of the authors for this text/publication is transferred to the institution/company”.
Copyrights on software, design and Non-Authored Content
All copyrights on software, design and Non-Authored Contents are reserved. They shall not be copied, shared, adapted, transformed or redistributed by any Member or any third party without the express written agreement of Kata Kata African Cartoons.
Contact Kata Kata African Cartoons
- Contact with Kata Kata African Cartoons can be made by mail or email.
The mailing address is:
Kata Kata African Cartoons
1324 DL Almere
You may send your email to: email@example.com
The Copyrights notice is update on 1st September 2018
Conflict of Interest Policy
Kata Kata African Cartoons discusses and sensitises Africa and globally social problems in a humorous way, using cartoons, illustrations, animation video, magazines and other humorous contents to set its messages across. To achieve our goal, we aim to give professional, unbiased and accurate information to our readers. Likewise, it is absolutely important to ensure that our reader, customers, members or subscribers equally are able to express an independent and unbiased opinion on authors’ works.
This Conflict of Interest Policy describes what we consider to be conflicts of interests and how we shall prevent them.
What is a potential conflict of interest?
- An editor, reviewer or jury member is in conflict of interest with the author(s) of a contribution if he/she cannot execute his/her role in a wholly independent and unbiased manner, and thereby might bias (positively or negatively) the outcome.
- In addition, we consider as a conflict of interest any situation where the editor, reviewer, reader or jury member is unable to give unbiased consideration to a contribution either because of the race, ethnic origin, religious belief, political philosophy, citizenship or gender of the author(s), or because the political, financial or religious interests of the editor, reviewer or jury members are at stake in the contribution.
Preventing conflicts of interests in the review of content
- On submission of a content, author(s) can propose names of individuals (Kata Kata African Cartoons members or not) who are in potential conflict of interest with them or their work. These individuals will not be considered when choosing the editor and accessibility reviewers.
- After acceptance of a content, Kata Kata African Cartoons’ team will select an editor with appropriate expertise who is not identified by the author(s) as in potential conflict of interest.
- To accept the responsibility of the content, the editor must be able to attest that she/he can offer an unbiased opinion on the manuscript, free of potential conflict of interest in the sense written above.
- The editor then selects the required number of the Kata Kata African Cartoons editorial board with appropriate expertise who are not identified by the author(s) as in potential conflict of interest.
- To accept the review of the content, the reviewer must be able to attest that she/he can offer an unbiased opinion on the content, free of potential conflict of interest in the sense written above.
- Similarly, the editor may select two accessibility reviewers from a randomized list of Kata Kata African Cartoons editorial board members who might not be expertise on the topic but rather on related or similar topics or interest matching that of the content.
- To accept the review of the content, the accessibility reviewer must be able to attest that she/he can offer an unbiased opinion on the manuscript, free of conflict of interest in the sense written above.
Preventing conflicts of interests in the attribution of awards
- Before an award competition, the editorial board forms a jury composed of an equal number of Kata Kata African Cartoons members who may or may not be experts in the field of the content. The jury then ranks the contributions submitted to the competition under the supervision of the editor in chief.
- Members of the jury shall evaluate if they find themselves in potential conflict of interest in the sense written above with any of the contributions of the competition. It is their responsibility to disclose potential conflicts of interests they might have and refrain from voting on the concerned contribution. In cases where this is not possible for statistical reasons, the sensitivity of the resulting ranking to this particular vote will be estimated and the ranking may be corrected as necessary.
- It is the responsibility of each member to comply with this Conflict of Interest Policy and to report to Kata Kata African Cartoons any breaches to it they might be aware of.
- Members who are found in breach with this Conflict of Interest Policy may see their rights to fulfill related roles be restricted for a period of time, or in more severe cases their membership with Kata Kata African Cartoons may be terminated by the management.
If you encounter any problem or need any clarification contact the team at:
Kata Kata: Terms and Conditions of Registration and Membership
Kata Kata African Cartoons is registered on 10th March 2003 at the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce in Lelystad, under commercial register number 39082177. Details on the association including its goals and its objectives can be found at the address: www.katakata.org/about. Kata Kata African Cartoons discusses and sensitises Africa and globally social problems in a humorous way, using cartoons, illustrations, animation video, magazines and other humorous contents to set its messages across.
About these Terms
- To pursue its goals, Kata Kata African Cartoons operates a communication web site (hereinafter the “Website”) devised to offer to its customers, contents on African and global social realities. By so doing, Kata Kata African Cartoons creates awareness as well as encourages the readers participate in discussion and interaction with other users/ readers for the purpose of educating, informing and empowering the readers in different ways as they face their everyday social challenges. Kata Kata website is available at www.katakata.org.
- The Website has a Public Area which is accessible to all visitors (hereinafter the “User”). The Public Area offers free contents and interactive forum and possibilities for the users. The Website has a Members Area (Premium), which is available to Users who are registered as Members and are logged in. To have an unlimited access to the premium contents, you have a choice to either donate a minimum amount of a mere $1 for a whole while or a minimum of $5 for a life-time membership. The premium Area offers access to contents such as illustrations, magazines, animation videos, cartoons etc. Our Online Shop, offers Kata Kata merchandise and other promotional item to the website users.
- The Website also allows Users to read news and updates without registering as a Member. Reading news and updates does not grant access to the Members Area however.
- Registration and subscription take place via a dedicated online form on the Website.
- Any new services, offered online in the Members Area after initial registration, shall also be governed by these Terms unless otherwise specified.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons reserves the right to amend the present Terms at any time and without prior notice and shall inform Members of such amendments at their next log-in. Members shall accept such amendments by checking the appropriate checkbox. The accounts of Members who do not accept the amendments shall be blocked 14 days after notification of the amendments.
- Registration and membership is open to all natural persons over twelve years of age who have an interest in African social problems and realities. Users under sixteen years of age must first obtain the consent of a parent or guardian.
- Each User shall only register once.
- The User shall register online to become a Member of Kata Kata African Cartoons.
- During the registration process, the User can, in addition, opt to become a Premium Member. Premium Members of Kata Kata African Cartoons have additional accesses to our contents and they are, like other users, equally offered the possibility to interact with other members of Kata Kata Community as well.
- Members of the Community shall expressly accept Kata Kata’s conditions on registration and are bound to comply with them.
- By registering with Kata Kata African Cartoons, the User accepts that most communications with Kata kata and its Members will take place electronically.
- It is the User’s responsibility to make sure that she/he has sufficient access to Internet to participate to the activities at the desired extent.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons screens registration applications and reserves itself the right to reject a registration without stating the reasons.
- Members of Kata Kata African Cartoons have access to a notification preferences where they can define their preferences for the notifications sent to them by email. They have access to the Members Area and can participate in the various activities that are open to Members.
- Upon registration, Members are required to supply their username, email address and a password.
- A verification mail is sent to the member. The registration is completed after the user has verified their E-mail.
- Members are free to share their content online. However the content must meet Kata Kata’s stipulated requirements and abide by Kata Kata African Cartoons’ rules; otherwise such a content may not be published on Kata Kata site.
- It is expressly forbidden to place accounts at the disposal of third parties and to disclose access details to third parties.
- For technical reasons, Kata Kata African Cartoons cannot establish with certainty whether a registered Member really is the person he/she claims to be. Kata Kata Cartoons shall therefore provide no guarantee as to Members’ true identities. Members shall therefore be responsible for verifying other Member’s identities and shall contact Kata Kata African Cartoons in cases of suspicion.
- Registration as a Member results in a contractual relationship (usage contract) between Kata Kata Cartoons and the Member. By accepting the Terms, they become a contract component. The member receives a personal, non-transferable right, revocable at any time, to use the contents and services provided by the Website and undertakes to comply with these Terms and the restrictions set out in them during such use.
- Kata Kata Cartoons reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue individual services and/or sections of the Members Area, or all of them, at any time and without prior notice, in whole or in part. Kata Kata Cartoons reserves the further right to limit or deny access to individual or all services, without prior notice at any time.
Termination of Membership
- Members can resign their membership with Kata Kata African Cartoons at any time by communicating their decision by mail or email (see contact details below).
- The resigning Member shall pay the current year’s membership, if any, in full.
- The membership can be terminated by decision from the management. The concerned person has the right to appeal against this decision. Cases where the membership has been repeatedly left unpaid (for two years), if applicable, lead to the expulsion without a right to appeal.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons has the right to terminate a membership if the member has disobeyed or failed to abide by the rules of the Kata Kata African Cartoons website.
- After the resignation or the termination of a membership, Kata Kata Cartoons is entitled to continue without time limitation, to freely use in the Website, emails, publications and advertisements, in full or in part, the contributions (text and other material) the Member submitted to Kata Kata Cartoons before resignation or termination, if any.
- Resigned Members can apply to revive their registration at any time. The decision to revive a registration is taken by the management.
Use of the Members Area
- Kata Kata Cartoons shall provide Members the access to use the Members Area for the purpose of interactively publishing, sharing, developing and creating knowledge around African and global social challenges.
- The Members Area is designed to offer various tools to allow Members to organise themselves as a network and to create, review and publish member contributions (text and other material) in the pursuit of these goals.
- Depending on their specific type, member contributions shall be automatically published in the public area of the website, or in part or fully in the Kata Kata Cartoons accounts on the social media / networks too. Automatic notifications are also emailed to the corresponding circle of Members and placed in their designated notification . Detailed information on the automated notification and publication on the Website of a specific type of member contribution shall be available on the corresponding online form or , or upon request by contacting Kata Kata Cartoons.
- It is the responsibility of the Members to make sure that they do not include any confidential data in member contributions that are automatically published in the Public Area. Kata Kata African Cartoons shall not be liable for any consequences arising from the publication in the Public Area of confidential data consecutive to the submission by a Member of a member contribution.
- Types of member contributions that are automatically published in the Public Area or social media include but are not limited to: Articles, comments to Articles, Blogs, comments to Blogs, Events. In the Public Area, data allowing identification of the various contributors (such as names, email addresses,…) may not be disclosed at the exception of the names of Author(s) and Editors, if any, in Articles and Blogs. In the Public Area, names of the commenters of Articles may be disclosed. Members submitting Events are responsible for not including any personal data in the Event description. Their email address will be automatically added as a link in the Members Area if they chose a sign up deadline.
- The Members Area offers various types of accesses to various areas. It is the responsibility of the Member to respect the confidentiality of the data he/she has access to in the various areas of the Website.
- In the Members Area, the names of Authors, Editors, Commenters, if any, are disclosed. Commentators may choose not to reveal their names or e-mails. If they choose to reveal otherwise, members signing up will see each other’s email addresses as well as that of the Author, so that they can enter in contact to collaborate.
- Members shall alone be responsible for ensuring that their contributions (text and other material) are aligned with the purpose set forth in this Article and in no way breach these Terms. Members shall be responsible for ensuring that their content is legal and that they are entitled to publish such content and make it available to third parties. Kata Kata African Cartoons hereby declines all liability for such content.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons is not bound to monitor and check content added by members to ensure that no unlawful content and/or content contrary to these Terms appears on the Website, but reserves the right to do so. Kata Kata African Cartoons further reserves the right to delete such content without notice, if it discovers, or is informed by third parties, or suspicion exists, that such content breaches applicable law and/or the provisions of these Terms.
- All intellectual rights pertaining to the Website, its software, design, contents (text, pictures, cartoon, illustrations, videos and other material), news, updates, notifications as well as all email notifications sent by it are ruled by Kata Kata African Cartoons’ Copyrights notice. Kata Kata African Cartoons’ Copyrights notice forms part of these Terms. By using this Website, Users indicate that they accept and comply with it.
- In particular, the Kata Kata website offers access to contents with reserved copyrights. These contents may not be copied, transformed or distributed without the prior written consent of the author(s).
- On the Kata Kata African Cartoons website, subscribers are granted access to contents, unpublished manuscripts, videos, illustrations, cartoons, forums, personal profiles and other types of information. Some of such data are of a confidential nature and are to be held undisclosed outside of the designated (possibly restricted) circle of Members.
- Data from the Members Area (text or other material) may not be disclosed or used outside the designated (possibly restricted) circle of Members of Kata Kata African Cartoons without prior agreement from the author(s) of the data and in accordance with Kata Kata African Cartoons’ Copyrights.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons cannot be made liable for the disclosure, or its consequences, by any Member of any confidential data (text or other material) submitted to the Website.
- By registering as a Member, Users indicate that they are responsible for the non-disclosure of the data made available to them in the Members Area and that they will report any event of breach to this Non-Disclosure Agreement Article to Kata Kata African Cartoons.
Rules of Conduct
- All contents submitted to Kata Kata African Cartoons shall adhere to basic rules of conduct. An appropriate tone and relevance of the content are required. It is in particular prohibited to submit content which:
- is openly offensive and fosters or incites racism, bigotry, hatred or physical violence of any kind against groups or individuals or force of any kind against property;
- is offensive, threatening, obscene, disrespectful, indecent, defamatory or libellous or causes harassment in another way or supports such undesirable forms of behaviour;
- encourages sexual or violent exploitation of persons;
- comprises nudity, violence or indecent images;
- publishes information which poses a risk to the protection of personal data or security;
- contains or endorses information which, to the best of the member’s knowledge, is false or misleading;
- infringes intangible property rights (to trademarks, designs, patents or copyright), especially which constitutes or promotes illegal or unauthorized copies of copyright works of other persons, e.g. pirated copies of computer programs or links to them, information on defeating copy protection set up by manufacturers and pirated copies of music or links to pirated copies of music files;
- entails sending junk mails, chain letters or unsolicited mass mailings, SMS, spinning or spamming;
- has restricted, password-only access or contains hidden pages or images;
- promotes or supports unlawful acts or plans or contains instructions on illegal acts, e.g. making or buying illegal weapons, breach of privacy or the supply or development of computer viruses;
- requires other users to disclose passwords or personal particulars for commercial or illegal purposes, or is designed to do so;
- contains commercial activities;
- contains photographs or videos of other people, which have been published without the consent of those people;
- infringes, or attempts to infringe, in particular privacy laws, contract law or the rights of third parties;
- contains website links which are prohibited under this Article.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons Conflict of Interest Policy defines what is considered a conflict of interest and how it shall be prevented in the peer review of contents. Kata Kata African Cartoons’ Conflict of Interest Policy forms part of these Terms. By participating in the peer review of contents, Members indicate that they accept and comply with it.
- Subscription or membership fees are decided by the management on a yearly basis.
- Members are required to pay the subscription fees of a minimum of $1 for 1 year and a minimum of $5 for life, through Kata Kata African Cartoons’ website. The fees can also be transferred through the bank of the subscribers. The account number of Kata Kata African Cartoons is NL02ABNA0453100619 BIC: ABNANL2A
- The management may decide to grant partial or full membership fee waivers to specific Members. Membership fee waivers are granted in the form of a personal, time-limited voucher which can be redeemed upon purchasing the membership on Kata Kata African Cartoons’ Online Shop.
- Users who may not afford to pay the membership fees can contact Kata Kata African Cartoons and ask for a partial or full membership fee waiver. Renewals of membership fee waivers are not automatic. They shall be asked by the Member by contacting Kata Kata African Cartoons and shall be decided by the management.
Data Protection and Use of Information by Kata Kata African Cartoons
- The first language used for the communication and publications shall be English. However, local languages could be used in some of the contents where necessary and applicable. Kata Kata African Cartoons may add other additional languages in the future and if necessary.
- Where official documents are required by the law in Dutch language, Kata Kata African Cartoons organises their translation in English for communication with its Users.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons may not be made liable for not providing translations in a language other than English or for translation inconsistencies in translated documents.
- No guarantees shall be given as to the accuracy of information and opinions conveyed via the Website, either expressly or implicitly.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons shall give no guarantees regarding the minimum availability of the Website. It shall, however, endeavour to maximize such availability. Users shall note that software underlying the Website is continually undergoing development and that processes cannot be guaranteed to be fault-free at all times.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons expressly reserves the right to block the Members Area without notice, where necessary to investigate malfunctions, for maintenance work or for closer examination of cases of abuse.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons hereby disclaims all liability for the Website, in particular for content displayed thereon and communications passed via it. Kata Kata African Cartoons shall likewise not be liable for any losses arising from impossibility of use of the Website. Such disclaimer shall also apply to interruption, temporary suspension or termination of the services.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons shall in no case be liable for content provided by Members. Members are alone responsible for all information and data which they send, display or notify via the Members Area and which may or may not be automatically made accessible in the Public Area.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons shall accept no liability for the behaviour of Members and/or third parties or for content or statements forwarded by Members and/or third parties in the context of the services. However, Kata Kata African Cartoons will at all time, take appropriate actions and steps to avoid such inappropriate behaviour from members.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons shall accept no liability for links, for contents of pages linked, and for content uploaded by Members and/or third parties. Kata Kata African Cartoons has no influence on third-party web sites. If Kata Kata African Cartoons incurs loss through the behaviour of third parties, they shall indemnify Kata Kata African Cartoons accordingly.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons shall accept no liability for misuse of Members or Subscribers’ accounts by third parties. The Member or Subscriber shall be liable him/herself for all action taken by third parties using a Member or Subscriber’s access details.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons shall not be liable for minor negligence or indirect losses.
- The relationship between Kata Kata African Cartoons and its members, subscribers, users, donors and/or customers shall be subject to substantive Dutch law, to the preclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods dated 11 April 1980. With respect to all disputes based on or in connection with any order, transaction or contract, the ordinary courts in the Netherland, shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Communicating with Kata Kata African Cartoons
Communication with Kata Kata African Cartoons can be made by mail or email.
The mailing address is:
Kata Kata African Cartoons
1324 DL Almere
The email address for all communications concerning these Terms is:firstname.lastname@example.org
This Terms and Conditions for Service is updated on 1st September 2018
The data we collect, how we protect it and how long we keep it
- We ask you to provide personal data only if you subscribe to our news and updates or if you register to become a member on Kata Kata African Cartoons’ website. When you subscribe to our news and updates or become a member of our site, we ask for your name, email address and a password.
- These personal data represent the minimal data we need to be able to provide you the services we offer. We use your data exclusively for serving the goals stated on the Kata Kata African Cartoons’ site. We will not transmit them to any third party for any other reason without your written consent, except if requested by law.
- You can change the personal data you provided at any time by accessing your personal user profile.
- We may automatically record browser data, including IP addresses and user activities on the Website. We collect only the minimal data needed for our legitimate business interests, such as required to offer and continually improve our services, to enforce the Terms and Conditions and to provide evidence in investigations and any legal proceedings.
- We do not sell, trade or otherwise give away any user data. It is our policy to restrict to the minimum the third party services we rely on that require transfer of user data. When we do so, we select partners who have the highest standards in data privacy and who we trust will not use your data for targeting advertisements, optimizing search engines or analysing your behaviour.
- All data transfer between your computer and Kata Kata African Cartoons’ Website are encrypted using SSL certificates. SSL protects all communications including sensitive personal information and ensures the safety of the information you send to Kata Kata African Cartoons.
- We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service provider located in the Netherland. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls.
- We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you and the Kata Kata community, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you request the erasure of your personal information, we will retain information from deleted accounts as necessary for our legitimate business interests, to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce the Terms and Conditions and take other actions permitted by law.
How we use your personal information
- We use your personal information as required for the purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests. These include:
- Providing and continually improving the services proposed on the Website;
- Operating the Website;
- Verifying your identity when you sign in to the Website;
- Keeping you informed about Kata Kata African Cartoons’ activities;
- Managing Kata Kata African Cartoons’ relationship with its community of users by asking for feedback or inviting user participation in surveys, general assemblies, peer-review of contents or other Kata Kata African Cartoons’ activities;
- Conducting analyses to help us further improve the Website and services;
- Monitoring activities on the Website for purposes such as identifying potential fraudulent activity and ensuring compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
- We may also use your personal information when required by law and for purposes of responding to requests by governments, a court of law or law enforcement authorities for investigations.
How to access, update and erase your personal information
- All the personal information you provide when registering on the Website is available to you on your profile page. You can edit and update this personal information at any time. If you are registered on the Website, you can also request to receive all the personal data we hold about you.
- You can unsubscribe at any time by using the designated form found in the footer of the Website or by contacting us at the address below.
- You have the right to request erasure of the information we hold about you. This excludes the data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Privacy and use of Kata Kata African Cartoons’ online shop
- When using Kata Kata African Cartoons’ online shop you will be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address and a telephone number, so that we can process your order (e.g. donation, membership or purchase) and fulfill the sales contract on our side.
- Upon checking out, you will be redirected to the web site of the payment bank option you have chosen where you will be able to enter your payment data (e.g. credit card data) in full privacy.
- After the payment is processed we receive confirmation of your payment from payment bank option you have chosen, with the amount paid, the date and mode of payment. We have no access to restricted data such as credit card numbers and keep no record of them.
Privacy and use of members area
- Members have access to the members area of the Website where they can submit their own content for publication on the Website.
- Some types of content posted by members are designed to be published in the members area while other types of content posted by members are designed to be published in the public area of the Website or social media and will be publicly visible. Detailed information is given in the Terms and Conditions of Registration and Membership.
- With the exception of the research articles, which are named publications, we will ask you if you wish to have your name appear on your content published in the public area of the Website.
- The responsibility is on the member to comply with the Terms and Conditions of Registration and Membership and to safely use the members area to not publish private or confidential data.
- The Website is not intended for children under the age of twelve and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of twelve on the Website. If you are between 12 and 18 years of age, you can browse the Website but we ask you to be under the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user.
- If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of twelve on the Website, we will delete the information from our records.
- Despite all efforts made by Kata Kata African Cartoons, the Website might, on some occasions, be subject to data protection failures or functionality problems. In such situations, Kata Kata African Cartoons will take all necessary steps to re-establish normal data protection and functionality of the Website and will inform any users concerned.
- Kata Kata African Cartoons cannot be made liable for possible consequences incurred in cases of data protection failures, breaches, data leaks or functionality problems.
Contact Kata Kata African Cartoons
- Contact with Kata Kata African Cartoons can be made by mail or email.
The mailing address is:
Kata Kata African Cartoons
1324 DL Almere
You may send your email to: email@example.com