SUBSCRIBE on Youtube:
|Cuisine: Rice, Beans and Fried Sweet Potatoes with Beef-Tomato Stew.|
Ingredients (for 4 people):
400g Basmati rice, 300g black-eyed beans, 500g beef, 600g potatoes, 1kg tomatoes, two onions, five tablespoons olive oil, one pepper, garlic, water, salt, bouillon.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 65 minutes
1. Cut the beef, wash and cook it for 40 minutes. In between, peel and cut both onions and garlic. Wash and cut tomatoes and pepper into small pieces. Add half of the sliced onions, garlic, and pepper to the cooking beef.
2 Wash and cook the beans in a pot with hot water. Add one teaspoon of salt to the beans. Wash the rice and cook in the rice cooker. Always add water to the beans till it gets soft.
3. Cook the tomatoes in a pot. Remove the water till it becomes dry. Add oil to the tomatoes. Fry for 5 minutes with the rest of the onion, garlic, and pepper.
4. Remove the cooking beef from the sauce. Keep the sauce apart. Add the beef to the tomatoes. Fry together with the tomatoes at low temperature. Add more oil if necessary. Add the meat sauce. Add 1 bouillon and salt to taste. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut it in slices and sprinkle salt on it. Fry in hot oil till the colour gets brown. Set aside.
6. Serve rice, beans and potatoes with the beef stew.
For more African recipes and other African related issues, including illustration cartoon stories on social issues, read Kata kata magazine: https://katakata.org/magazines/